It is best to let the state determine if the employee has a compelling reason to refuse an offer of work. Some potentially valid reasons could be those specifically addressed in the CARES Act:
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and are experiencing symptoms;
- If you have recovered but it caused medical complications rendering, you unable to perform essential job duties;
- If a member of your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- If you are providing care for a member of your household who was diagnosed with COVID-19;
- If you do not have childcare due to COVID-19 reasons; or
- If you do not have transportation to your place of work because of COVID-19.