As your Unemployment Claims Management partner, we feel it is important to keep you informed on a recent trend we are seeing in our business: unemployment claim (UC) fraud. Thomas & Company is here to help our employer clients address UC fraud, and we’ve created a partnership with Aura Identity Guard to help protect your employees.
The Impact of Unemployment Fraud
While UC fraud affects employers, it also has a significant, lasting impact on employees. Finding out that they are a victim can be stressful. Resolving the claim can be confusing and time-consuming. Plus, once their personal information has been compromised, continuing to monitor their identity and finances for additional threats can be overwhelming.
How Do Employees Know If They Are a Victim of UC Fraud?
Several ways that an employee will learn they have become a victim include:
- Receiving a notice from their state unemployment insurance agency.
- Receiving an IRS Form 1099-G that reports unemployment income.
- Getting notified by their employer about an application of unemployment benefits.
A Partnership to Help Your Employees
We have created a preferred partnership with Aura Identity Guard - a leader in identity theft protection and digital security - to assist your employees:
- Resolve UC fraud.
- Provide identity and credit monitoring.
- Reduce the possibility of future fraud events.
- Provide ongoing protection from fraud to help achieve personal and financial goals, like buying or renting a home, paying for education, and saving for retirement.
Employees will receive a dedicated Case Manager who will be their single point of contact and help them every step of the way. To get help, employees visit get.identityguard.com/thomasco, choose a plan, enroll, and call an 800-number to talk to an expert.
- For more information about unemployment claim fraud, you can view our webinar: https://support.thomas-and-company.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500000525342.
- Additionally, we have developed the following communication that you can share with your employees to inform them of UC fraud and how Aura Identity Guard can help.